Justin J. Shippy Scholarship
Bethel AME Church
50 Cooper St.
Babylon, NY 11702
Justin J. Shippy Scholarship Application
Deadline Submission Date May 20, 2022
Bethel AMEC proudly offers The Justin J. Shippy Scholarship to an eligible graduating high school senior who meets the following criteria.
- A member of Bethel AMEC, Babylon for at least one (1) year prior to application submission deadline date and in good standing.
- A graduating high school senior accepted into a university, college or vocational program.
- Must submit proof of attendance from either The Registrar’s Office (class schedule) or
The Bursar’s Office (invoice) by June 30, 2022.
- Full time matriculated student (12+ credits) or Part time matriculated student (6-11 credits)
Application must include the following submissions:
- Extra-Curricular Activity / Community Service Sheet. This can include activity in and out of school, employment history, volunteer work, special awards and/or recognitions and special interests.
- Your choice of one (1) of the following essay topics. Essay must be typed/legible and at least
- Your personal career aspirations
- How has your church experience affected and/or directed your life
- Which one of your extra-curricular or community service activities was the most important to you and why
- Recent photo
- Copy of Acceptance Letter by June 30, 2022.
All requirements must be submitted by the designated dates mentioned, if submitting by mail the post marked date must be the same submission designated date. Application submissions that are incomplete, not legible or received after the deadline date will not be considered.
This is a one (1) time scholarship offer.
Note: To download application, click on "Application Download" at the top of the menu on the left side of the page.